Many people have a lot of myths about what being an entrepreneur is and how it will shape/affect their life that are simply not true. What Are The Characteristics Of A Good Entrepreneur in Top and these are the seven biggest myths that I continuously hear.
1. Being an Entrepreneur is too risky for me.
Starting your own business in these days is not too much more risky than trying for any other corporate job. At a corporate job you can be laid off at any time, List Of Successful Entrepreneurs In World have benefits cut with no reason, and work long overtime without being compensated for that. If you are student as well, the risk can’t be that bad. It’s not like you have a mortgage or family to support if it fails.
2. I am too young to start my own company
Being young is not a negative, in fact in most cases it’s a positive! When your young you have the passion energy and enthusiasm that is needed to work 14 hour days day in and day out for a company you believe in. Most older people with more experience just don’t want to do that any more.
3. I have no experience
Again, What Are The Characteristics Of A Good Entrepreneur this can work towards your advantage. Your lack of experience means that you are looking at everything with a fresh set of eyes. You wont get stuck in the “we have always done it that way” kind of thinking that can stop other entrepreneurs. Running your own company will also build much more valuable experiences than a job flipping burgers will at your age.
4. It is not the right time for me to launch a business.
As a student you have a schedule that is completely flexible and large blocks of time between classes and on breaks to start a business. Campuses have tons of resources you can harness as well, List Of Modern Entrepreneurs so there really has never been a better time than now.
5. If I am running a business my grades will fall.
Running a business takes organization and discipline. If you are organized and disciplined in one area of your life it will probably pass over to the other areas of your life as well. Many student entrepreneurs I know actually report their grades increasing once they started a business.
6. Student businesses are just small rinky-dink operations
Some student business that started as just rinky-dink operations were Dell, Google, and Microsoft. You have probably heard of those companies right? That is because they were great ideas and hard work created products that had potential to expand from their small beginnings. Your business can too!
7. I don’t have any money! I can’t start a company
Everyone seems to think only millionaires start companies. This is simply not true. Most companies are started with the founders savings and no investment capital. Start with what you can and work hard. Things will come together if you want them to come together. You will be amazed at what you can do!
What Are The Characteristics Of A Good Entrepreneur in Top?
It is a well-understood axiom of the business world that there are two ways to improve the bottom line of the business. Stated simply, those two ways are to make money or to cut costs. Now no business can cost cut their way to profitability. But by the same token, waste and excessive internal costs for any business can eat away any profits that business is enjoying. So to get ahead in a competitive business environment, both methods must be employed.
When a business turns its eye to cost cutting, there is a stated or unstated business objective that the business owners will discover significant bleeding of revenues that are going on within the systems of doing business. So if those systems can be improved to eliminate that waste, the business would literally make money from the inside out because the overhead of the business would drop so dramatically.
The usual progress of such a cost saving campaign by a business is to find the low hanging fruit first. By that we mean that in order to satisfy the demands of management, middle management will identify superficial savings in hopes of satisfying the requirement. Hence switching from disposable cups to mugs or cutting back on break room amenities often go on the chopping block first.
Sadly, while there may be some superficial savings to be found in such places, the significant introduction of efficiencies for any business lie at a deeper level and take a more in-depth process of locating problems with how things get done internally. The methodology of finding these money pits within a business is often called Process Improvement. The concept of process improvement is to diagram a particular business process from inception to completion and document the stages it goes through, the handing over of authority for the process and to pin point places where inefficient methods are causing excessive cost in executing that process en route to the final stage of process completion.
Routinely, the areas of business structure that most often identified as being candidates for a process improvement examination are
* Excessive overhead between departments. Departments within a business are notorious for taking on the atmosphere of a fiefdom and becoming resistant if not suspicious of other departments in the same company. When that happens, department managers will introduce paperwork and unnecessary processing to cause work to move to his or her department from another or for completed jobs to continue along their path. This excessive overhead can be costly at the department level and bog down the business as a unit enough to actually reduce the profitability of the organization.
* Communication problems. A business process moves through the organization as each department or entity adds value to the process through to the completion of the job. However if communications between departments or people along the process chain are flawed, a process can grind to a halt and wait for hours if not days before the missed communication is discovered and the work is put into the cycle to be completed. This slow down or break down in communications can be a tremendous drain on the company. To correct the problem, modern tools of communication should be reviewed so each significant person along the chain is quickly made aware of work that needs to be done and can signal to the next agent that their step is complete and that the process is moving to the next stage.
* An inefficient IT infrastructure. Out of date computer programs that are not integrated with each other cause needless work to be done to take data from one system and moving it into the next computer program only to be entered again at the next stop along the chain. Standardization and integration of data and systems will introduce huge efficiencies to the process.
By streamlining the process of moving a business requirement from inception to conclusion, we can remove much of the inefficiency and waste that has become inherent to that process. We can introduce up to date integration designs both at the IT and process level to quickly move the process from one department to the next upon completion. The outcome is a streamlined organization that is no longer bleeding money due to inefficiencies and as such is making money from the inside out.
Deciding when to File a Tax Return?
These days, everywhere you turn, you are bombarded by news of gloom and doom about our economy. It's like Halloween got here way too early this year. I try my best to avoid the TV and radio news altogether. No, I'm not in denial or being naive. There's no doubt that something is very wrong in this picture. However, if you focus your attention on the bad news that's broadcast 24/7, and hang around the water cooler whining, bitching and complaining, your chance of success is doomed.
Research has shown that the right mindset and attitude can make or break a person/business. How do you maintain a laser-sharp focus and unwavering success mindset during these challenging times? That's where masterminding comes in.
The right mastermind group can provide abundant resources for building your business. Mastermind groups can be made up from a group of peers in the exact same industry that you are in, a group of companies that focus on the same vertical market or market segment, or a group of business leaders that are ready to mentor those who are starting out. When you are in a group of like-minded, success-focused, positive business professionals, there are infinite possibilities, creativity and resources to be shared. Oftentimes, we cannot see what's missing in our own business. It's extremely valuable to have someone else to point out your blind spot or offer you solutions you would not have thought of by yourself.
During these turbulent times, perhaps the most important value of having a mastermind group, is to have an army of your own, so to speak, against the ugly beasts of fear, negative beliefs, doubts and worries. If you are familiar with the Law of Attraction and the success principles taught by masters such as Napoleon Hill, you know that you can't afford the negative thoughts and beliefs -- not in your personal life, and definitely not in your business. If you have taken all the right steps to select the right kind of people for your mastermind group, you would have an unbreakable support network to always keep you in the positive energy field.
Next time you meet with your mastermind group, may I suggest that you set a group intention to lift and keep one another in the success-oriented positive energy field. Select some empowering affirmations that you'd like to recite and affirm at your meetings. Absolutely no whining, bitching or complaining allowed in and outside of the group. Set up some type of buddy system so you can call for support, in case you fall into a negative slump. Do everything you can to safeguard your positive energy, and watch the success come to you.